Price includes optional round-trip transportation from Flagstaff, AZ
Sign Up For The 2021 Schedule Release
Experience the splendor of the full canyon from the stunning rock layers in Marble Canyon all the way through the Inner Gorge to Diamond Creek on our 15-day/14-night whitewater rafting trip. This trip is the longest GCW offers and allows guests to truly connect with Grand Canyon. Pass the Little Colorado River and Havasu Creek on the journey through Grand Canyon, and explore places like Redwall Cavern and Deer Creek Falls on adventurous side hikes. The 15-day trip includes optional round-trip transportation from Flagstaff, AZ.
GCW’s oar-powered rafts are 18-feet long and seat 3-5 guests plus a guide per raft (this is NOT a paddle trip, the guides are the ones doing the rowing). Because we always run 6 rafts per trip you can expect 24 passengers on your adventure.
This Full Canyon trip is split into three different options. We will have guests like you doing the Full Canyon, guests only doing the Upper Canyon and guests only doing the Lower Canyon. Roughly halfway through the trip, there will be an exchange of passengers as some will hike out and some new passengers will hike in to meet the trip. Please expect some downtime on the exchange day while we welcome our new passengers.
Our optional round-trip transportation for this trip is included in the prices listed above. We think our round-trip transportation is the best option for the majority of our guests, but we are happy to discuss other options for either/both pre- and post-trip transportation. If you choose not to use our provided transportation, you must call our office to remove our transportation and to discuss alternatives.
If you do use our round-trip transportation, you will need to spend the night before your trip launches in Flagstaff, as we will pick up passengers early the morning of the trip and travel 2.5 hours through scenic northern Arizona to the launch point. On the last day of your expedition, a charter bus will carry you from the remote take-out point back to Flagstaff.
Pre- and Post-Trip Lodging
We recommend spending both the night before your river trip and the night your trip ends in Flagstaff. We will notify guests of the designated Flagstaff hotel.
What is included
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides the following:
- Round-trip ground transportation from Flagstaff, AZ (optional)
- Custom made rafts and experienced guides
- Coast Guard approved whitewater personal flotation device (PFD)
- Meals – prepared by guides and snacks on the rafts
- Kitchen facilities, dishware, and a mug
- Camping toilet facilities, toilet paper, and supplies
- Beverages – unlimited water, assorted soda, and electrolyte mix
- First-aid kit
- Sleeping bag, sheet, and small pillow
- Sleeping pad
- Two-person tent and ground tarp, sharing not required
- Large dry bag for the provided sleeping gear and your duffel bag
- Personal daytime dry bag (accessible at all times) ~ 7″ diameter and 14″ tall when sealed
- Camp chairs
- Community dry bag for hiking shoes (accessible before side hikes)
- **There are NO taxes on this trip
What Is Not Included
You will be responsible for the following:
- National Park entrance fee per person age 16 and over
- Personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (passengers can bring their own)
- Suggested post-trip gratuity for guide crew
Passengers must be 12 years or older to participate in this trip.