Price includes optional round-trip transportation from Flagstaff, AZ
Sign up here to get on the 2022 schedule release list
Marvel at Grand Canyon’s geological landscape from the stunning rock layers in Marble Canyon all the way through the Inner Gorge to Diamond Creek on our 11-day/10-night rafting tour. This trip is the longest motorized river trip we offer and allows adventurers to truly connect with Grand Canyon and to explore many side canyons on unique side hikes. Your soul will be refreshed as your run rapids such as the Roaring 20s, Hermit, and Crystal. The 11-day tour includes optional round-trip ground transportation from Flagstaff, AZ.
GCW’s motorized rafts are 35-feet long, seat 14 people per raft and have one guide driving from the stern. We always run two rafts per trip so you can expect 28 passengers on your adventure. The type of motorized raft we run is called an S-Rig and guests say we have the most comfortable set-up in the Grand Canyon.
This Full Canyon trip is split into three different options. We will have guests like you doing the Full Canyon, guests only doing the Upper Canyon and guests only doing the Lower Canyon. Roughly halfway through the trip, there will be an exchange of passengers as some will hike out and some new passengers will hike in to meet the trip. Please expect some downtime on the exchange day while we welcome our new passengers.
Our optional round-trip transportation for this trip is included in the prices listed above. We think our round-trip transportation is the best option for the majority of our guests, but we are happy to discuss other options for either/both pre- and post-trip transportation. If you choose not to use our provided transportation, you must call our office to remove our transportation and to discuss alternatives.
If you do use our round-trip transportation, you will need to spend the night before your trip launches in Flagstaff, as we will pick up passengers early the morning of the trip and travel 2.5 hours through scenic northern Arizona to the launch point. On the last day of your expedition, a charter bus will carry you from the remote take-out point back to Flagstaff.
Pre- and Post-Trip Lodging
We recommend spending both the night before your river trip and the night your trip ends in Flagstaff. We will notify guests of the designated Flagstaff hotel.
What is included
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides the following:
- Round-trip ground transportation from Flagstaff, AZ (optional)
- Custom made rafts and experienced guides
- Coast Guard approved whitewater personal flotation device (PFD)
- Meals – prepared by guides and snacks on the rafts
- Kitchen facilities, dishware, and a mug
- Camping toilet facilities, toilet paper, and supplies
- Beverages – unlimited water, assorted soda, and electrolyte mix
- First-aid kit
- Sleeping bag, sheet, and small pillow
- Sleeping cot
- Two-person tent and ground tarp, sharing not required
- Large dry bag for the provided sleeping gear and your duffel bag
- Personal daytime dry bag (accessible at all times) ~ 7″ diameter and 14″ tall when sealed
- Camp chairs
- Community dry bag for hiking shoes (accessible before side hikes)
- **There are NO taxes on this trip
What Is Not Included
You will be responsible for the following:
- National Park entrance fee per person age 16 and over
- Personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (passengers can bring their own)
- Suggested post-trip gratuity for guide crew
Passengers must be 8 years or older to participate in this trip.