Includes helicopter ride out of the Canyon and flight back to starting point, additional $285 for Las Vegas flight
Sign Up For The 2021 Schedule Release – Trip includes helicopter ride out of the Canyon and flight back to starting point
Larger than life canyon walls form the backdrop on this 7-day/6-night full canyon adventure. Discover something new each day on side hikes to places like Redwall Cavern, Stone Creek and Havasu Creek, on your journey through Grand Canyon. The adventure ends early on the 7th day with an awe-inspiring helicopter ride out of the Canyon, a stopover at Bar 10 Ranch (where shower facilities are available) on the North Rim and a fixed-wing flight back to where you began.
GCW’s motorized rafts are 35-feet long, seat 14 people per raft and have one guide driving from the stern. Because we always run two rafts per trip you can expect 28 passengers on your adventure. The type of motorized raft we run is called an S-Rig and guests say we have the most comfortable set-up in the Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides all rafting and camping gear. You will need to bring just your sense of adventure and your personal items, packed into your duffel bag!
There are three ways to get to the trip’s launch point and home again at the end of your journey, depending on whether or not you will have a vehicle. You will need to plan to spend the night before your trip launches either in Marble Canyon, AZ or Las Vegas, NV regardless of which option you choose.
If you have your own vehicle and choose to drive to Marble Canyon, AZ, you will leave your car there for the duration of your river trip. This is a good option for those who live in the Southwest area. You will need to spend the night before your trip begins at Marble Canyon Lodge, as our guides will meet you there early the morning of your trip. At the end of your Grand Canyon expedition, a helicopter will carry you out of the Canyon to Bar 10 Ranch on the North Rim. After a stopover at Bar 10 Ranch, a charter flight will return you to Marble Canyon, where your car awaits you.
If you choose to book flights with us from Las Vegas, NV, we can arrange to pick you up at the designated hotel in Las Vegas and fly you to the trip’s launch point in Marble Canyon, AZ for an additional cost. A bus will shuttle passengers from the hotel to the charter airport very early the morning of the trip, so you would need to spend the night before the launch at the designated hotel in Las Vegas. At the end of your Grand Canyon tour, a helicopter will carry you out of the Canyon to Bar 10 Ranch on the North Rim. After a stopover at Bar 10 Ranch, a charter flight will return you to Las Vegas.
If you choose to use a ground shuttle from Las Vegas to the trip and fly back to Las Vegas, you’ll need to arrange for a shuttle from Las Vegas to Marble Canyon with Bar 10 Transportation (1-800-582-4139) for the afternoon before your trip departure date. You may need to spend the night in Las Vegas two nights before your launch date, in order to catch the shuttle. You will need to spend the night before your trip begins at Marble Canyon Lodge, as our guides will meet you there early the morning of your trip. At the end of your Grand Canyon expedition, a helicopter will carry you out of the canyon to Bar 10 Ranch on the North Rim. After a stop at Bar 10 Ranch, a charter flight will return you to Las Vegas. This is an economical option for large groups.
The Las Vegas charter flight is our most popular and, therefore, default transportation option. If you are planning to use a different option, you must call our office to remove the Las Vegas flight and to discuss alternatives.
Pre- and Post-Trip Lodging
You will either need lodging in Marble Canyon, AZ or Las Vegas, NV. We will notify guests of the designated hotels.
What Is Included
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides the following:
- Helicopter ride out of the Canyon at end of the rafting trip
- Flight back to either Las Vegas, NV or Marble Canyon, AZ at the end of the rafting tour (flight from Las Vegas to Marble Canyon at start carries additional cost)
- Custom made rafts and experienced guides
- Coast Guard approved whitewater personal flotation device (PFD)
- Meals – prepared by guides and snacks on the rafts
- Kitchen facilities, dishware, and a mug for each person
- Camping toilet facilities, toilet paper, and supplies
- Beverages – unlimited water, assorted soda, and electrolyte mix
- First-aid kit
- Sleeping bag, sheet, and small pillow
- Sleeping cot
- Two-person tent and ground tarp, sharing not required
- Large dry bag for the provided sleeping gear and your duffel bag
- Personal daytime dry bag (accessible at all times) ~ 7″ diameter and 14″ tall when sealed
- Camp chairs
- Community dry bag for hiking shoes (accessible before side hikes)
- **There are NO taxes on this trip
What Is Not Included
You will be responsible for the following:
- National Park entrance fee per person age 16 and over
- Personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (passengers can bring their own)
- Suggested post-trip gratuity for guide crew
Passengers must be 8 years or older to participate in this trip.
|2020||June||June 17 - 23||June 27 - July 3|
|2020||July||July 22 - 28|
|2020||August||August 1 - 7||August 21 - 27|
|2020||September||September 5 - 11|