2016 Price: $1,915 per person
Includes optional round-trip transportation from Flagstaff, Ariz.
*NOTE: Because of the difficulty of the mandatory hike, this trip is recommended for experienced backpackers only. The mandatory hike may be made more difficult by factors including being out of shape, overweight, or a smoker. We do not recommend this trip for people with a history of heart problems, high susceptibility to heat-related illness or exercise-induced asthma.
This is a fantastic trip for experienced hiking enthusiasts who may not have the time to take a trip through the full Canyon. Each day includes side hikes to places like Redwall Cavern or Ancestral Puebloan granaries. After launching from Lees Ferry, passengers will pass places like the Little Colorado River and Vasey’s Paradise on their journey through stunning Marble Canyon and into Grand Canyon. Some of the bigger rapids on this tour include House Rock and Hance rapids. On the morning of the sixth day, begin your 8-mile hike from the Colorado River to the South Rim via the Bright Angel Trail.
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides all the necessary equipment for rafting and camping including dry bags, tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads and chairs, so you don’t need to worry about packing those things out with you. We provide all meals as well as a sack lunch for your hike out of the Canyon. You will need to bring your own hiking backpack and containers to carry water.
This rafting trip includes round-trip ground transportation from Flagstaff, AZ (*optional). You will need to spend the night before your trip launches in Flagstaff as we will pick up passengers in the lobby of the designated hotel very early the morning of the trip and travel to the launch point. On the last day of your expedition, after your hike out of the Canyon, a shuttle will return you to Flagstaff, AZ arriving in the early evening.
*If you do not wish to use our transportation, please call our office and tell us of your alternate plans.
You will receive the designated Flagstaff hotel information closer to the 2016 season. We will reserve blocks of rooms and will advise guests on booking procedures when room reservations open.
What is included
Grand Canyon Whitewater provides the following:
- Round-trip ground transportation from Flagstaff, AZ (optional)
- Rafting equipment including life jackets
- Large dry bag for your clothes and personal items
- Small dry bag accessible during the day
- Camping gear provided includes a tent, comfortable sleeping pad, freshly-laundered sleeping bag, sheet, pillow and ground tarp
- Meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages including water, soda and lemonade – passengers may purchase and bring alcohol for the trip
- Eating utensils and a souvenir mug
- Camp chairs
- **There are NO taxes on this trip
What Is Not Included
You will be responsible for the following:
- National Park entrance fee of $12 per person age 16 and over
(can be waived if passenger has a National Park pass)
- Alcoholic beverages (passengers can bring their own)
- Suggested post-trip gratuity for guide crew